Fall/Winter 2006/07 Menâ€™s Collection — The new power of the Dolce & Gabbana man: himself.
A crown: an unmistakeable symbol of strength and independence, that celebrates a man who is able to reign with his own will.
The suit was the way in which man boasted his own self-assurance and his own power, today he no longer has that necessity.
A new man is born: not the daring man of the 80s, not the introspective one of the 90s, today a man is aware, independent and has conquered a perfect equilibrium between body and mind.
This new man discovers self-esteem and the satisfaction of looking after his own body.
1. Interior serenity: no to exercising power through the suit… the deconstructed suit.
2. Confidence: no ostentation… T-shirt seraph.
3. New self-awareness… brocaded velvets.
4. Self-esteem: satisfaction in communicating sensuality… sweaters, velvet scarves.
5. Care for oneself and oneâ€™s own body… tight-fitting shirts.
6. Masculine aggregation: free time, gym and shopping with friends… emperor/military.
The Dolce & Gabbana man has always understood the importance of oneâ€™s own personality and has never kept secret his desire for sensuality, although this could undermine the rules of etiquette.
It is evident how the Dolce & Gabbana style has influenced, on a global level, menâ€™s clothing by imposing itself as the predominant aesthetic taste, also for those that Dolce & Gabbana does not dress: jacket, shirt and ripped jeans.