Following the big launch of Style Me Up ” with Tokyo Dandy, we give way to Erica Baldi for the second episode of this international Meltin’Pot styling initiative, going live mid April. Baldi is one of the most famous bloggers in Italy, and founder and editor of blueisinfashionthisyear.
This blog was inspired by the international fashion blogs and then conceived with the aim of giving advice to readers in a newspaper style fashion, simple and concrete, and using a special layout of images, which has made “Blue in Fashion This Year” a point of reference for many Italian women.
And it is with this very characteristic trait that Erica Baldi has used to create her “STYLE ME UP” look for Meltin’Pot for Spring Summer 2011:
“The hallmark of this blog is the reconstructed version of the images featured, so I decided to use this idea for the Meltin’Pot Style Me Up project. Together with Karin Kellner – illustrator and graphic designer and longtime friend! – Who worked with me on this and created the graphics, we decided to create a mini lookbook that included collages and illustrations. The mood chosen for the images is summer, and an explosion of colors. For every outfit and jeans look and we tried to create a small world Meltin’Pot for each. Where the styling becomes a real fantasy. The accessories that are worn by our model Marcia, have been hand designed designed and thus symbolize individual creativity. Anyone can create and build their own Meltin’Pot style. “(Erica Baldi)
The 10 recommendations from Blue Style is in Fashion this Year for the Spring Summer season:
1. New slogans: Seventies, Vintage Crochet.
2. Color + Color: Dare to mix impact this year.
3. Back to the “Total White”,starting with jeans!
4. Maxi prints- perfect on a funny t-shirt.
5. Fluro Neon Vitamin C colours: this summer is a tint shock!
6. Jeans trends: Dark washes are a must have.
7. Go ahead style but with a sporty luxury retail.
8. Evergreen Denim: worn with leather garments for a more rock mood.
9. This summer will add elegance and romantic bohemian touches.
10. Style College jacket + denim + shirt = perfect Us Style